Orchard Knob Ave. house fire sends 3 firefighters to hospital for heat exhaustion
The firefighters are expected to be treated and released.
Chattanooga fire crews responded to a house fire Tuesday night on North Orchard Knob Avenue.
It happened around 6:00 p.m. in the 100 block.
Fire crews reported smoke and flames coming from the one story house.
Chief David Thompson Jr. says a second crew was called to the scene to help put out the flames.
Three firefighters were sent to the hospital for heat exhaustion. They are expected to be treated and released.
The person inside the home was not injured.
The American Red Cross was called to provide assist the victim.
Fire officials says the fire was ruled an accident and most likely caused by food left unattended on the stove.