Early morning drug bust lands one in jail in Varnell
An early morning drug bust has landed one person in jail in Varnell, Georgia.
Early Sunday, officers responded to an intoxicated person call at the Circle K at GA-2 and GA-71, a Varnell Police Department spokesperson said.
The spokesperson explained that there had been an earlier call in Whitfield County about this same woman, Linda Gamble.
Officers found Gamble under the influence when they arrived. Gamble had meth and a large knife.
She was arrested and faces charges of:
- Possession of methamphetamine
- Possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute
- Possession of drug-related objects, public intoxication
- Possession of a knife during the commission of a felony
- Giving a false name/date of birth to a law enforcement officer
"We are thankful for our partnerships with the local community and businesses. These partnerships help give a voice to you all the citizens, and also assist us to keep Varnell a more safe community to live, work and visit. Thank you citizens for supporting your Varnell Police Department," a spokesperson added.