Firefighters say the cause of a house fire Wednesday night in Chattanooga is fireworks.

Crews were called around 7:00 to the 1100 block of Greenwood Road.

When firefighters arrived they saw smoke coming from the roof vents. 

A neighbor had seen the smoke and was spraying down the house with a garden hose. 

Firefighters finished the job with a hand-held hoseline. 

Courtesy: Battalion Chief David Thompson Jr.

 

The investigation shows that the fire started from the front porch roof.  The ceiling for the front porch was removed and several hidden hot spots were extinguished.

No injuries were reported.

The cause of the fire is being ruled accidental, most likely from fireworks being set off in the area.