Two Dalton apartment units damaged in Friday night fire
Firefighters in Dalton responded to a fire at an apartment complex late Friday night.
The Dalton Fire Department was called to the Sierra Place apartment complex around 10:15 pm.
Firefighters found heavy smoke coming from the front of the building. They found the fire at the front of the unit.
Firefighters were able to contain the fire to one apartment unit. It took between 30-40 minutes to get the blaze under control.
Three people were checked out for smoke inhalation, but no one was injured. The apartment unit was heavily damaged. One neighboring unit did have smoke and water damage.
The Dalton Fire Department said the fire apparently started on the stove in the kitchen. Investigators aren't sure if the resident fell asleep while the stove was on or if it was accidentally turned on.
Damage is estimated at around $200,000.