CFD fights Saturday fire on Queens Drive - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

CFD fights Saturday fire on Queens Drive

Posted: Updated:
Photo Credit: CFD Photo Credit: CFD
CHATTANOOGA -

Chattanooga firefighters battled a house fire Saturday afternoon. 

Around noon, firefighters responded to a fire in the 1100 block of Queens Drive.

According to a fire department spokesperson, "upon arrival, firefighters found heavy fire coming from the structure.

The only person home at the time of the fire was a teenager. The teen was able to safely get out of the house.

"Firefighters were able to save an estimated total of $30,000 in structure and contents," the spokesperson added.

The fire was determined to be in the kitchen. The CFD believes it was caused by food left on the stove unattended.

WEEKLY CIRCULARS

Weather

Powered by Frankly