Dinosaur theme park T-Rex bursts into flames
Everyone knows dinosaurs are extinct. But this is a case of one that was extinguished.
CANON CITY, Colo. (AP) - Everyone knows dinosaurs are extinct. But this is a case of one that was extinguished.
It was a 24-foot high electronic Tyrannosaurus Rex featured at the Royal Gorge Dinosaur Experience in Colorado.
Thursday morning, the T-Rex began smoldering before catching fire.
Both the dinosaur and spectators were fully involved; park visitors stood and watched as flames spread through the dinosaur.
At times the T-Rex appeared to be breathing flames.
Park co-owner Zach Reynolds says he thinks an electrical malfunction caused the blaze.
Reynolds says the T-Rex is a total loss, but notes it "made for some spectacular imagery" before it burned out.
A replacement is expected to be in place by the summer.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.