Chatsworth man loses life in Wednesday morning fire - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Chatsworth man loses life in Wednesday morning fire

Posted: Updated:
CHATSWORTH, GA (WRCB) -

74-year-old Spencer Cantrell lost his life in an early morning house fire on Wednesday in Chatsworth. 

The fire happened at Cantrell's home at 74 Weaver Road around 1:00 am. The home was a total loss, and the fire has been ruled accidental.

According to Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Ralph Hudgens, the fire was a result of Cantrell smoking in bed. 

Cantrell's death brings Georgia's fire death total to six for 2018.

The Murray County Fire Department also assisted in the investigation.

WEEKLY CIRCULARS

Weather

Powered by Frankly