Firefighters called to apartment complex on Lake Resort Dr. - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Firefighters called to apartment complex on Lake Resort Dr.

Posted: Updated:
File photo of fire extinguisher. File photo of fire extinguisher.
CHATTANOOGA, TN (WRCB) -

Chattanooga firefighters responded to a kitchen fire at Marina Pointe Apartments on Lake Resort Drive Monday.

It happened around 5:00 p.m.

Fire department spokesman Bruce Garner says Battalion Chief Carlos Hampton was first on the scene, reporting heavy smoke coming from an apartment on the top floor of the four-story apartment building.

The resident told firefighters that he had the fire out, but it continued to re-ignite. 

Firefighters with Squad 11 arrived moments later and used portable fire extinguishers to put out the flames.

Chief Hampton said most of the fire damage was contained to the top of the stove and microwave.

No injuries were reported.

The cause of the fire will be ruled accidental.

WEEKLY CIRCULARS
Powered by Frankly