Road Closures for Dalton Red Carpet Half Marathon
The Dalton Red Carpet Half Marathon will return to the streets of Dalton on October 21st. The half marathon, 5K, and 2K races will require several roads to be closed in the morning hours.
The Dalton Red Carpet Half Marathon will return to the streets of Dalton on October 21st. The half marathon, 5K, and 2K races will require several roads to be closed in the morning hours. Dalton Police personnel will be on hand to help direct traffic around the race route, but motorists should plan alternate routes to avoid delays.
Roads and lanes around the course will be closed beginning at approximately 7:45 am and they will remain closed until the last runner is past which could be after noon.
Roads affected by the races will include:
- – closed but voters will need to park at the parking deck
- – closed from the entrance to BB&T to Crawford Street until 1:00 PM
- – closed from King Street to Crawford Street all day. Closed from Emery Street to Morris Street during the 2k.
- – closed from Hawthorne Street to Franklin Street (until last runner of 5k passes, then closed at Emery Street on the south end)
- – closed until the last 5k runner exits onto Thornton Avenue.
- – outside southbound lane closed from Walnut Avenue to Waugh Street
- – outside eastbound lane closed from Jones Street to Thornton Avenue.
- – closed from Waugh Street to Crawford Street
- – closed from Cappes Street to Valley Drive
- – Closed from Murray Hill to Crawford Street
- – entrances to the east side of the cemetery at Cuyler Street and Gen Thomas Drive closed during the half-marathon
- – Closed at Tibbs Road and closed from Lewell Street to Thornton Avenue during the 5K and half marathon. Westbound lane closed from Hamilton Street to Pentz Street for 2K.
- – Closed from Franklin Street to Emery Street
- – closed from Franklin Avenue to Crawford Street
- – closed between Thornton Avenue and Valley Drive
- – outside, westbound lane closed from Thornton Avenue to Tibbs Road
- – closed between Walnut Avenue and Shugart Road
- – closed
- – closed
- – outside northbound lane closed
- – outside eastbound lane closed from Shugart Road to Old Chattanooga Road
- – closed until the last half marathon runner is clear
- – partial southbound lane closed (6 feet from curb) from Old Chattanooga Road to Trammel Street
- – southbound lane closed from Trammel Street to Hawthorne Street
- – access lane beside the Waugh Street Bridge closed
- – closed from Thornton Avenue to Hamilton Street