Duplex fire displaces two families - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Duplex fire displaces two families

Posted: Updated:
Photo: Chief Battalion Rick Boatwright Photo: Chief Battalion Rick Boatwright
CHATTANOOGA, TN (WRCB) -

Two families are searching for a new home temporarily after a fire damages their home. 

Chattanooga Firefighters received the alarm around 3 a.m.  and responded to 4513 Rogers Road with five companies. 

Battalion Chief Rick Boatwright says the first arriving firefighters located the fire in the kitchen side of the "A" side of the duplex. Officials say the fire damage was contained to the kitchen and attic above, but the rest of the apartment had smoke and water damage.

The residents in the "A" side said they were cooking something and left the kitchen when they returned, the stove was on fire, with flames reaching up to the ceiling. 

The fire displaced two adults in each apartment unit. No injuries were reported and the cause of the fire is accidental. Volunteers with the American Red Cross were called in to provide assistance to the families. Chattanooga police, Hamilton County EMS and EPB also provided assistance on the scene.

Powered by Frankly