Duplex fire leaves two Chattanooga families homeless - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Duplex fire leaves two Chattanooga families homeless

Posted: Updated:
Photo by Battalion Chief Don Bowman . Photo by Battalion Chief Don Bowman .
Photo by Battalion Chief Don Bowman. Photo by Battalion Chief Don Bowman.
CHATTANOOGA, TN (WRCB) -

Two local families will have to spend the night elsewhere after a fire broke out in their duplex Tuesday night.

The Chattanooga Fire Department responded to the 1300 block of Townhills Road shorty after 8:00 p.m. 

Officials say the fire started in the kitchen 

Firefighters were able to quickly put out the flames. 

The duplex had a mother, her infant and toddler living on one side, and a another mother and her two teens on the other side.

No one was injured.

Both families are being helped by the local chapter of the American Red Cross.

The fire is under investigation.

Stay with WRCBtv.com for updates to this story.

WEEKLY CIRCULARS
Powered by Frankly