10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
By The Associated Press
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. DEADLY FIRE RIPS THROUGH LONDON HIGH-RISE
A deadly night-time fire races through a 24-story apartment tower in London, killing at least six people and injuring dozens more.
2. SESSIONS DEFENDS HIMSELF BEFORE SENATE PANEL
The attorney general denies having an undisclosed meeting with Russia's ambassador to the U.S. and rejects any claim of misconduct in the ouster of FBI Director James Comey.
3. US COLLEGE STUDENT RELEASED BY NORTH KOREA HOME, BUT IN COMA
Otto Warmbier, 22, who was serving a 15-year prison term with hard labor for alleged anti-state acts, lands in Cincinnati and is taken by ambulance to a hospital.
4. 'DANGEROUS BEYOND DESCRIPTION'
Two Georgia inmates serving long prison sentences overpower and kill two guards on a prison bus before fleeing in a stolen car, authorities say.
5. AMID CRIMINAL CASE, COSBY FIGHTING LAWSUITS BY 10 WOMEN
Seven women have defamation suits pending in Massachusetts, while three more have defamation or sexual battery suits pending in California.
6. HOW TRUMP IMPACTED VIRGINIA PRIMARY
Democratic voters backed the more moderate and establishment-favored gubernatorial candidate over a liberal insurgent.
7. WHO IS SUING TRUMP OVER FOREIGN PAYMENTS
Almost 200 Democratic lawmakers allege he is violating the emoluments clause of the Constitution as foreign money continues to flow into his global business empire.
8. STRONG EARTHQUAKE ROCKS WESTERN GUATEMALA
A magnitude 6.9 temblor strikes near Tajumulco, causing moderate damage to homes and triggering some landslides across highways.
9. FED EXPECTED TO AGAIN RAISE SHORT-TERM RATE
But anticipation surrounds the possibility that the central bank could signal policy shifts in a statement it will issue, in updated economic forecasts and anything Chair Janet Yellen might say.
10. 'I OBVIOUSLY HAVE MADE MY FAIR SHARE OF MISTAKES'
Kim Kardashian West tells AP how hurtful comments affect her and how the robbery in Paris has changed her life.
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.