Smoldering cigarette causes house fire in Hixson - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Smoldering cigarette causes house fire in Hixson

Posted: Updated:
Photo Credit: Battalion Chief Don Bowman Photo Credit: Battalion Chief Don Bowman
Photo Credit: Battalion Chief Don Bowman Photo Credit: Battalion Chief Don Bowman
HIXSON, TN (WRCB) -

A smoldering cigarette is being blamed for a house fire in Hixson on Saturday.

Chattanooga firefighters arrived at the home on Crestview Drive around 7:00 p.m.

Firefighters said they saw flames coming from the back of the home and they put them out quickly. The cause of the fire was ruled accidental.

Damages are estimated to be around $6,000.

Powered by Frankly