10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
By The Associated Press
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. MANAFORT'S PLAN TO 'GREATLY BENEFIT THE PUTIN GOVERNMENT'
Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, secretly worked for a Russian billionaire to advance the interests of Russian President Vladimir Putin, AP learns.
2. CRUNCH TIME NEARS ON HEALTH OVERHAUL BILL
Underscoring the bill's uncertain fate, a senior administration official says up 20 to 25 House Republicans remain opposed or undecided, imperiling passage.
3. HOW PASSENGERS FEEL ABOUT GADGETS BAN
While some may relish a break from work at 30,000 feet, others fret about lost productivity and the risks of relegating laptops to the cargo hold.
4. SUPREME COURT NOMINEE SAILING ALONG AT HEARINGS
Neil Gorsuch has been largely unscathed by Democratic attacks, and Republicans confidently predict he will win confirmation despite liberal opposition.
5. OFFICIALS: NORTH KOREAN MISSILE LAUNCH FAILS
The development comes as Pyongyang angrily reacts to ongoing annual U.S.-South Korean military drills that it views as an invasion rehearsal.
6. WHERE BELGIUM STANDS ON ANNIVERSARY OF ATTACKS
Brussels' physical scars have mostly healed and tourism is bouncing back, despite Trump calling the Belgian capital a "hellhole" to avoid at all cost.
7. OMINOUS SIGNS BEFORE DEADLY GUATEMALA FIRE
Four different agencies issued warnings and at least two orders for closure were ignored before the blaze that killed 40 girls at a government-run shelter for troubled youth.
8. WHY PALESTINIANS IN JERUSALEM SEEK ISRAELI CITIZENSHIP
Palestinians in annexed east Jerusalem hope to swap their vulnerable status as mere city residents for the rights and ease of travel that come with an Israeli passport.
9. 'GONG SHOW' CREATOR CHUCK BARRIS DIES AT 87
The game show impresario's empire included "The Dating Game," ''The Newlywed Game" and that infamous factory of cheese, "The Gong Show."
10. POWER FOOTBALL CONFERENCE EXCELLING IN HOOPS
The SEC is showing some basketball promise as the league has a chance to get three teams in the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament.
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.