Kitchen fire displaces family - | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Kitchen fire displaces family

Posted: Updated:

The Red Bank Fired Department was called to a fire in the 1000 block of Lullwater Road around 6:45 Saturday evening.

The homeowner told firefighters he used the stove eye to light a cigarette and forgot to turn off the eye before walking outside. 

A few moments later his daughter walked into the kitchen to find the stove on fire. 

Firefighters managed to contain the fire to the kitchen area. 

No one was injured and damages are listed at under $10,000. 

Powered by Frankly