Live bugs found in containers at Mexican restaurant
No restaurants failed this week, but one north Georgia restaurant has a bug problem that needs to be squashed.
This week’s Restaurant Report Card brings mostly good news. No restaurants failed, but one north Georgia restaurant has a bug problem to address.
El Trio Mexican Restaurant on North Main Street in Lafayette scored a 79. The inspector found live insects inside three containers of food that weren’t completely covered by lids. The containers were thrown away and managers called pest control.
Several refrigerated foods such as tomatoes, queso and refried beans were kept too warm, above the 41-degree threshold.
In Hamilton County, the lowest score was an 83, found at Ayala on Taft Highway in Signal Mountain. The inspector found food kept in containers on the freezer floor, an unauthorized person in the kitchen and dirty cleaning cloths left on the counter.
A few restaurants posted perfect scores. Congratulations to:
- Lupi’s Pizza, 1414 Jenkins Road, Chattanooga
- Creative Discovery Café, 321 Chestnut Street, Chattanooga
- Pat’s Place, 12421 East 136 Highway, Rising Fawn, Ga.
The following scores round out the list from Hamilton County:
- Logan’s Roadhouse, 3592 Cummings Highway, Chattanooga: 86
- Amigo’s Mexican Restaurant, 3805 Ringgold Road, East Ridge: 88
- Talus, 812 Scenic Highway, Lookout Mountain: 88
- Baskin Robbins, 4767 Highway 58, Chattanooga: 90
- El Meson, 2204 Hamilton Place Boulevard, Chattanooga: 91
- Off the Grill II by Chef Q, 1904 Taft Highway, Signal Mountain: 91
- Flatiron Deli, 706 Walnut Street, Chattanooga: 91
- Haiku Hibachi, 5318 Ringgold Road, Chattanooga: 92
- Best of China, 4340 Ringgold Road, Chattanooga: 92
- KFC – Long John Silver, 4856 Highway 58, Chattanooga: 95
- Dunkin Donuts, 4535 Highway 58, Chattanooga: 96
- Subway, 1309 Taft Highway, Signal Mountain: 96
- Taconooga, 8174 East Brainerd Road, Chattanooga: 96
- Chicken Salad Chick, 629 Market Street, Chattanooga: 98
- Souper Salad, 2288 Gunbarrel Road, Chattanooga: 98
- El Meson, 248 Northgate Park, Chattanooga: 98
- Pizza Hut, 7801 East Brainerd Road, Chattanooga: 98
- Burger King, 4827 Hixson Pike, Hixson: 99
- Jet’s Pizza, 3600 Hixson Pike, Chattanooga: 99
- Einstein Bros. Bagels, 7737 East Brainerd Road, Chattanooga: 99
If you’re in Hamilton County and you have a complaint about a pool, restaurant, health care facility, daycare or gym, call the Hamilton County Health Department Hotline at (423) 209-8110. In north Georgia, call the local health department.