A Hidden Harbor family will be staying with family and friends Sunday night after losing their house to a fire. 

At 2:00 p.m. a 911 call was made reporting a house fire at 6552 Lake Meadows Drive in the Hidden Harbor subdivision. Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department responded and arrived on the scene reporting the back of the house and the attic was fully involved with fire. 

Dallas Bay VFD requested mutual aid response due to the size of the house, heat, and humidity. 

Dallas Bay Fire Chief, Markus Fritts reported when the first unit arrived on the scene and attack to get the fire under control. The homeowners, say they were at home cooking hamburgers on their gas grill. The residents explained when they finished cooking, he forgot to turn off the gas grill. Minutes later, one of the homeowners heard a popping noise coming from the porch area and found the gas grill fully involved with fire. 

Firefighters attempted to put out the fire using a fire extinguisher and a water hose. Their attempts were unfortunately unsuccessful and the fire spread quickly throughout the back of the house and the attic area. 

Chief Fritts reported the cause of the fire is unattended cooking. Damages are listed at $110,000. The house was insured. The resident's neighbors also received heat damage to the side of their home. Officials report damages at $10,000.