Dryer fire ruled accidental - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Dryer fire ruled accidental

Posted: Updated:
CFD photo CFD photo

Chattanooga firefighters responded Friday afternoon to a dryer fire at a home on Sheridan Court. 

The tenant said she smelled smoke and heard a smoke alarm. When she went to investigate, she saw flames coming out of the dryer.

When firefighters arrived at the home, they discovered smoke coming from the two-story structure. 

Once they entered the building, they discovered the fire to be contained to the laundry area. 

No injuries were reported and the damage to the house was minimal, according to the Chattanooga Fire Department. 

The cause of the fire will be ruled accidental.

Powered by Frankly