Morning restroom fire in apartment building safely extinguished - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Morning restroom fire in apartment building safely extinguished

Posted: Updated:
Photo by Bruce Garner, CFD PIO Photo by Bruce Garner, CFD PIO

Chattanooga firefighters responded to a reported fire at the Douglas Heights apartment Friday morning.

The apartment building, at the corner of 10th and Douglas streets, Douglas Heights, is described as a luxury apartment building for UTC students. 

CFD Battalion Chief Ashley May said the firefighters located the source of the fire in a restroom on the first floor, according to CFD spokesman Bruce Garner. 

Chief May said the fire appeared to be out when the firefighters arrived. 

No injuries were reported and there was minimal damage to the building. 

Powered by Frankly