Help Chattanooga firefighters Fill the Boot for MDA this week
Expect to see members of the Chattanooga Fire Department, boots in hand, as they kick-off their annual Fill the Boot fundraising campaign for the MDA.
Expect to see members of the Chattanooga Fire Department and the Chattanooga Fire Fighters Association, Local 820 as they kick-off their annual Fill the Boot fundraising campaign for the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA).
More than 370 firefighters will be seen across the city with boots in hand to collect donations on August 25-27 from 10:00am to 2:00pm, according to CFD spokesman Bruce Garner.
Last year the Chattanooga Fire Department finished first in the state by raising $84,063. This year, their goal is to raise $100,000 for MDA. The funds raised support research to find urgently needed treatments and cures for muscular dystrophy, ALS and related diseases that severely limit strength and mobility. The funds also support the MDA Care Center at Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville, TN, and they help send local kids to MDA summer camp at no cost to their families.
Starting this Thursday, August 25th, look for Chattanooga firefighters at the following locations:
- Quint 1 – 4th St and Mable St
- Ladder 1 – Main St. & Central
- Squad 1 – Broad St. & Aquarium Way
- Quint 2 – Market St & Main St
- Quint 3 – Entrance of Walmart & Cummings Rd
- Engine 4 – Dodson Ave & Wilcox Blvd
- Engine 5 – Main St & Willow St
- Quint 4 – Bailey Ave & Willow St
- Quint 6 – Bonny Oaks Dr & Hwy 58
- Quint 7 – Lee Hwy & Relocation Way (Food City)
- Squad 7 – Jenkins Rd (intersection by Tiger Mart)
- Quint 8 – Shallowford Rd & Hamilton Place Blvd
- Engine 9 – Rossville Blvd & Dodds Ave
- Quint 10 – Wilder St & Dodson Ave
- Engine 12 – Frazier Ave & Forrest Ave
- Quint 13 – Greenway View Dr & Brainerd Rd
- Squad 13 – Igou Gap Rd & Gunbarrel Rd
- Quint 14 – St. Elmo Ave & 38th St
- Engine 15 – Moore Rd & Shallowford Rd
- Quint 16 – Lupton Dr & Hixson Pike
- Quint 17 – Mountain Creek Rd & Signal Mtn Blvd
- Quint 19 – North Point Rd & Hixson Pike
- Squad 19 – North Point Rd & Hixson Pike
- Squad 20 – Brown Ferry Rd & Cummings Rd
- Quint 21 – E. Brainerd Rd & Graysville Rd (Walmart parking lot)
- Engine 22 – Walmart Entrance and Exit behind Chik-Fil-A on Hwy 153
No streets and/or intersections will be closed during the event.