A toddler fell out of a two-story window and now her babysitter is facing charges. It happened Friday at a home on Forest Dale Lane in Chattanooga.

Thirty-five-year-old Charissa Frady is charged with aggravated child abuse and neglect and possession of methamphetamine.

"I was gone 10 minutes. 10 minutes," Lakisha Banther, the child's mother said.

In a matter of minutes, Lakisha Banther said she received an alarming text message. Banther had run to the grocery store and Charissa Frady, a neighbor and old friend, offered to help watch her twins, Blayne and Arabella.

Both are two years old.

"She texts me and says call me. So, I called her and she said 'Bella fell out the window.' I said 'what?' She said 'Bella fell out the window,'" Banther said.

She rushed home after hearing those frightening words. Banther is trying to understand how her daughter got out of Frady's sight.

"She was supposed to have been watching her. There was no reason for her to have went in that bedroom," Banther said.

She's shocked to learn Frady admitted to police she was high on meth at the time. The arrest report also said the babysitter told officers she wasn't sure how the two-year-old fell out of the two-story window.

 "I didn't know she was on meth. I really didn't. I don't allow drugs anywhere near my house or my babies," Banther said.

She never suspected Frady wouldn't be watching her children closely. Her young daughter has some serious injuries including a broken femur.

Banther said both Arabella and her twin brother have since been placed with their father by the Department of Children's Services.

While she's focusing on getting them back, she's grateful her daughter wasn't killed.

"I pray all day long and I thank God all day long that she's still alive," Banther said.

Court records revealed Frady has a lengthy criminal history. It includes drug charges, but she's never faced aggravated child abuse and neglect charges before. 

Frady bonded out of the Hamilton County jail. She could not be reached for comment.

Frady is expected to appear in court on Friday.

Stay with WRCBtv.com for updates to this story.