North Georgia assisted living facility nearly fails, other scores fairly high
We have plenty of good news to share this week. Several restaurants posted high scores in Hamilton County, particularly in the Dayton Boulevard area.
We have plenty of good news to share this week. Most restaurants inspected this week in Hamilton County posted high scores, particularly in the Dayton Boulevard area.
No restaurants failed and Dosa Hut on Lee Highway improved its low score of a 77 from last week to a 91.
In North Georgia, however, an assisted living facility nearly failed.
The Rosewood at Fort Oglethorpe scored a 71 only two points above a failing grade of 69 or below.
The inspector found employees not using gloves when handling food or washing their hands in between tasks. She also discovered employee drinks sitting out in the kitchen area, dishes set aside as clean that still had food residue on them, a dirty ice machine and dispenser, and dirty tea dispenser nozzles.
Good news for the Fairyland Club on Lookout Mountain. It scored a 70 last week, but improved to a 96 on a second inspection.
Several restaurants in Hamilton County and north Georgia pulled off the impressive feat of perfect scores.
- Kids Rock on Goodwin Road in Chattanooga
- Taqueria y Fonda La Bonita Mobile in Chattanooga
- Sunshine House on Gadd Road in Hixson
- Fat Boys Roadside Eats on Standifer Gap in Chattanooga
- Behold Adult Care on Shallowford Road in Chattanooga
- VFW 4848 on Amnicola Highway in Chattanooga
- Guthrie’s Restaurant on Poplar Springs Road in Ringgold
- Subway on Lafayette Road in Fort Oglethorpe
- Dade County Nutrition Center on U.S. Hwy. 11 in Trenton
- Dade County Rehabilitation Center on Hwy. 301 in Trenton
- Wilderness Outdoor Movie Theater on Old Hales Gap Road in Trenton
- Rock City Cliff Terrace on Patten Road in Lookout Mountain
If you’re in Hamilton County and you have a complaint about a pool, restaurant, health care facility, daycare or gym, call the Hamilton County Health Department Hot Line at (423) 209-8110.