Woman cooking brisket in bathtub starts fire - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Woman cooking brisket in bathtub starts fire

Posted: Updated:
KNOXVILLE (News Sentinel) -

Firefighters didn't have to reach for an extinguisher when they were called to a cooking fire at a North Knoxville apartment this week.

They simply turned on the shower head.

In what Knoxville Fire Department Capt. D.J. Corcoran called "a first in our books," a woman attempted to cook a brisket over an open flame in her bathtub, he said.

Fire crews responded Monday evening to 4834 Scheel Road to find the middle-aged woman fanning light smoke from her apartment and a melting fiberglass tub in the bathroom, he said.

Read more from our news partners at the Knoxville News Sentinel.

Powered by Frankly