SOLD OUT: Chattanooga Heroes Run/Walk on July 16
Erlanger Health Center will hold a run to remember for Chattanooga’s Fallen Five on July 16.
UPDATE: The Chattanooga Heroes Run/Walk 5 Mile And Kids Run have sold out. On-site registration the day of the event has also been closed, since the event is at full capacity.
For participants that are pre-registered:
- Packet pickup will be tonight and Friday night from 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM at Rock Creek Riverside, located at 1530 Riverside Drive.
- There will also be packet pickup on Saturday morning before the event at the finish line at the Challenger Center from 6:00am to 7:30am.
- Runners/walkers will have to ride a bus from the finish line to the start line.
- Please park in UTC lot 10 at the corner of 5th and Palmetto Streets at the engineering building (Palmetto will not be closed) and the lot behind the Challenger Center.
- Volunteers should show up at the finish line and will be assigned tasks there.
- Runners/walkers cannot be dropped off at the NOSC before the race from personal cars due to security and shuttle flow, and should park at UTC and ride the shuttle to the start line.
PREVIOUS STORY: Erlanger Health Center will hold a run to remember for Chattanooga’s Fallen Five on July 16
The Chattanooga Heroes Run/Walk honors those killed last year at the Armed Services Recruiting Center, and the U.S. Naval Operational Support Center and Marine Corps Reserve Center.
The event will begin at 8 a.m. with a five-mile run or walk that begins at the Marine Reserve Center on Amnicola Highway and partially follows the route taken by Chattanooga EMS last July 16.
WANT TO RUN? | Register here
The run will also wind through the Tennessee Riverpark and the UTC campus.
The run and walk will end just south of the Challenger Center. It will be followed at 10 a.m. by a one-mile kids run through the UTC campus.
Participant and spectator busing begins at the Challenger Center at 6 a.m.
Registration is open now through the Heroes Run/Walk website, and Erlanger is also looking for volunteers to help out with the event.
All proceeds go towards building a memorial for the Fallen Five.