Warm chicken, storage issues bring down score for one restaurant
The inspector found a few things of concern at the Subway on Lee Highway.
We have a mostly positive Restaurant Report Card to bring you this weekend.
The lowest score in Hamilton County came in at 83. That’s well above a failing grade of 69, but the inspector found a few things of concern at the Subway on Lee Highway.
The chilled chicken wasn’t cold enough and had to be thrown away. The inspector also noted the cold holding case didn’t have a thermometer to help employees easily determine the temperature.
The dishwashing sink wasn’t set up properly, and some cups and sugar products were stored underneath another sink.
In North Georgia, we have some better news for Emperor of China on Glenwood Avenue in Dalton. They failed last week with a score of 69, but scored a 90 on their re-inspection.
Several restaurants this week earned a perfect score of 100.
- Rossell's on Ooltewah-Ringgoldgold Road in Ooltewah
- Burger King on Amnicola Highway in Chattanooga
- Brass Lantern on Highway 76 in Chatsworth
- Debbie's Drive In on Highway 76 in Chatsworth
- Global Youth Ministry on Blackhawk Trail in Chatsworth
- The Basket Case on Gordon Street in Chickamauga, Ga.
- The Brick Oven on North Highway 27 in Rock Spring
If you're in Hamilton County and you have a complaint about a pool, restaurant, health care facility, daycare or gym, call the Hamilton County Health Department Hot Line at 423-209-8110.