Kitchen fire claims homeowner's cat - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Kitchen fire claims homeowner's cat

Posted: Updated:
Firefighters finish up their work after extinguishing the kitchen fire on Ashland terrace. WRCBtv.com photo Firefighters finish up their work after extinguishing the kitchen fire on Ashland terrace. WRCBtv.com photo
Chattanooga Fire Department trucks at St. Judes. WRCBtv.com photo Chattanooga Fire Department trucks at St. Judes. WRCBtv.com photo
HAMILTON COUNTY, TN (WRCB) -

A Wednesday morning kitchen ended with the death of a family pet..

Firefighters found a kitchen fire in a condominium home in the 900 block of Ashland Terrace. The fire resulted from an unattended cooking in the kitchen.

The building has some damage due to smoke and the water used to extinguish the fire.

One cat died in the fire most likely from smoke inhalation. The owner's other cat is missing.

No injuries were reported.

Shortly afterwards, Chattanooga firefighters scrambled to St. Jude Catholic School Wednesday morning for reports of smoke.

Chattanooga Fire Department spokesman Bruce Garner tells Channel 3 that the "smoke" was a vapor cloud that formed from a freon leak in one of the school's air conditioning units and was not smoke. No fire was found at the school.

Powered by Frankly