Bonnaroo 2016: What you need to know
Bonnaroo is celebrating its 15th year in 2016. On Wednesday night through Sunday night about 85,000 people will attend the music and arts festival.
Bonnaroo is celebrating its 15th year in 2016. On Wednesday night through Monday morning about 85,000 people will attend the music and arts festival.
This year like every year will have a little bit of every thing for festivalgoers. Over 150 musicians, band, and comedians will perform on 12 different stages. Pearl Jam, LCD Soundsystem, Ellie Goulding, and J Cole are the headliners for 2016.
Some things to keep in mind when heading to Bonnaroo is traffic. THP, TDOT, Manchester Police, and Coffee County Sheriff's Office are expecting major delays when traveling on I-24. TDOT has placed warning signs for heavy volumes of traffic throughout the Chattanooga area.
READ MORE | TDOT and THP prepare for 2016 Bonnaroo Festival
The weather for Bonnaroo is expected to be hot and in the mid to upper 90s for all four days.
Bonnaroo released someways to stay cool via email on Wednesday:
- This is the #1 rule out here. It’s never too early to start hydrating. Drink before you’re thirsty - morning, noon, night and late night.
- Refillable water bottles are available for purchase throughout the festival grounds if you don't already have one. There's over 500 sources of drinkable water on The Farm including faucets in our new bathroom facilities. . Fill ‘er up!
- Soak a bandanna, towel or hat in ice water to put on your head or wrap around your neck.
- Get in that water! Here’s some options...
- The Fountain
- Misting tents
- The Big Ass Waterslide
- Find shade and take a load off. A solid nap under a tree or shade structure is a 15-yr tradition here on The Farm. Some solid shady spots in the campground include The Grove, POD 2 and POD 7.
- Find an air-conditioned tent in the heat of the day.