UPDATE: Former Ooltewah High principal reassigned to new school as assistant principal
Principal Jim Jarvis is being reassigned to an assistant principal position at East Hamilton School, according to a release from the school board Friday.
Hamilton County schools' new interim superintendent announced several new appointments to central office and position of principal Thursday.
Robin Copp has been named as new principal of Ooltewah High School, which was plagued by a rape case, and allegations of a longtime atmosphere of hazing in recent months. Former OHS principal Jim Jarvis is being reassigned to an assistant principal position at East Hamilton School, according to a release from the school board on Friday. Copp has most recently served as principal of Signal Mountain Middle/High.
Blake Freeman, currently principal at Soddy Daisy Middle School, is moving to Normal Park Museum Magnet School, succeeding Jill Levine, recently named Hamilton County's chief academic officer. Elaine Harper moves up to the principal position at Red Bank High, taking over for Dr. Justin Robertson, who was recently appointed as an assistant superintendent by interim superintendent Dr. Kirk Kelly.
The following is a list of those appointments made by interim superintendent Dr. Kirk Kelly for 2016-2017 school year:
- Chris Earl – The Howard School (from Dalewood, replacing Zac Brown, now an asst. supt.)
- Steve Henry – Soddy Daisy High (from asst. principal at SDHS, replacing retiring Danny Gilbert)
- Robin Copp – Ooltewah High (from Signal Mountain, replacing Jim Jarvis, to be reassigned as asst. principal)
- Todd Stinson – Signal Mountain Middle/High (from Merrol Hyde Magnet School in Sumner Co, TN)
- Elaine Harper – Red Bank High (from asst. principal at Red Bank, replacing Justin Robertson, now an asst. supt.)
- Blake Freeman – Normal Park Museum Magnet (from Soddy Daisy Middle, replacing Jill Levine, now chief academic officer)
- Jane Reynolds – Soddy Daisy Middle (from Brown Middle, replacing Blake Freeman)
- Rashaad Williams – Brown Middle (from asst. principal, Red Bank High, replacing Jane Reynolds)
- Angela Cass – East Ridge Middle (from asst. principal, Soddy-Daisy High, replacing Steve Robinson, who is retiring)
- Arielle Hayes – Dalewood Middle (from asst. principal, Orchard Knob Middle, replacing Chris Earl)
- Tiffany Earvin – Orchard Knob Middle (from asst. principal, East Ridge High, replacing Ronald Davis, to be reassigned as asst. principal)
- Jeana Turner – Big Ridge Elementary (from asst. principal, East Ridge Elem, replacing Angelia Askins, now at central office)
- Ruthie Panni – Dupont Elementary (from asst. principal, Westview Elem, replacing retiring Barbara Shepherd)
- Marthel Young – East Brainerd Elementary (from principal, Rivermont Elem, replacing Bryan Stewart, to be reassigned as asst. principal)
- Cheri Grant-Guerdon – Rivermont Elementary (from principal, Woodmore Elem, replacing Marthel Young)
- Brenda Cothran – Woodmore Elementary (from asst. principal, Ooltewah Elem, replacing Cheri Grant-Guerdon)
- Battle Academy Jesse Goins
- Bess T. Shepherd Elementary Bryan Stewart
- Brown Middle School Matt Thurman
- Daisy Elementary Danielle Reed
- East Brainerd Elementary Lee Ziegler
- East Hamilton School Jim Jarvis
- East Ridge Elementary Juan Moreno
- Hixson High School Matt Taylor
- Hunter Middle School Bethanie Reynolds
- Middle Valley Elementary Jill Evans
- Ooltewah Elementary Sarah Lane
- Ooltewah High School Brad Jackson
- Ooltewah High School Lesa Johnson
- Orchard Knob Middle School Carl Knight, Jr.
- Red Bank High School Michael Smith
- Red Bank High School Wendell Weathers
- Snow Hill Elementary Kim Pringle
- Soddy Daisy High School Karyn Cox
- Soddy Daisy High School Travis Miller
- The Howard School Ron Davis
- Tyner Middle Academy Sylvester Carrington
- Wallace A. Smith Elementary Lindsey Hagan
- Westview Elementary Deborah Caudle
- Keri Randolph – Director of Innovation
- Becky Coleman – Director of Pre-K and K-3 Literacy
- Angelia Askins – Director of Classified Personnel (from principal, Big Ridge Elem)
“Strong school leadership is essential to student success. Great school leaders are the key to ensuring there is an excellent teacher in every classroom. We are confident that these principals will provide outstanding leadership in their new placements,“ said Dr. Kelly in a release sent to Channel 3.
Stay with WRCBtv.com for updates to this story.