Kitchen fire damages house on Sunday - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Kitchen fire damages house on Sunday

Posted: Updated:
CHATTANOOGA, TN (WRCB) -

A resident fell asleep while cooking that led to a fire causing thousands of dollars in damages to his home. 

Chattanooga firefighters responded to a house fire at 4640 Trailwood Drive around 7:30 p.m. Sunday evening. 

Officials say the fire was contained most of the fire to the kitchen area. The man was checked out by paramedics with Hamilton County EMS and was transported to Erlanger as a precaution.

Chief Rick Boatwright said damages to the residence are about $11,000. The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental, from food being left unattended on the stove. 

Powered by Frankly