2 girls, 1 adult hospitalized after eating gummies containing TH - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

2 girls, 1 adult hospitalized after eating gummies containing THC

Posted: Updated:
Blount County investigators say two teens and one adult were hospitalized after overdosing on a candy-like substance that contained high levels of THC. They got the gummies from another teen at church. (Photo: BCSO) Blount County investigators say two teens and one adult were hospitalized after overdosing on a candy-like substance that contained high levels of THC. They got the gummies from another teen at church. (Photo: BCSO)

FRIENDSVILLE, TN (WBIR) - A 24-year-old man and two teenage girls were hospitalized Sunday after eating candy which contained high levels of THC, an active compound of marijuana. 

According to the Blount County Sheriff's Office, a 15-year-old boy brought two packages of "Dank Grasshopper" Orange Gummies to the Hickory Valley Baptist Church in Friendsville. 

The boy who brought the gummies has a mental disability, according to investigators. 

They're trying to figure out where he initially got the gummies.  The packaging was labeled "THC 900Mg - 2 Gummies/450 Mg per Gummy."

The boy then gave one package to another 15-year-old boy and a 24-year-old man. The 15-year-old opened the package, but didn't eat any. 

The 24-year-old ate some of the gummies then gave the rest to a 15-year-old girl and a 17-year-old girl. 

Investigators said all three had negative reactions to the substance including seizures, hallucinations and vomiting. 

As of Monday afternoon, the 15-year-old girl was in the ICU and the other girl is also recovering at Children's Hospital in Knoxville.  

The 24-year-old victim was treated and released from the hospital. 

Read more at WBIR's website.

Powered by Frankly