Propane leak leads to evacuation at CCA - | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Propane leak leads to evacuation at CCA

Posted: Updated:

A leaking propane tank is to blame for a brief evacuation Friday morning at Chattanooga Center for the Creative Arts on Dallas Road.
Fire crews were called to the school around 9 am when a strange odor was reported.
Students were evacuated to the front of the school as firefighters used gas monitors to check the air.
Fire crews determined a tank that serves the backup generator for a cell tower, which is located behind the school, was leaking. Fire crews shut off the leak quickly and students were allowed to return to class.
A spokesperson for the Chattanooga Fire Department tells Channel 3 the entire ordeal lasted about 15 or 20 minutes and no injuries were reported.

Powered by Frankly