UPDATE: Unattended candle leads to house fire on Tremont St. - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

UPDATE: Unattended candle leads to house fire on Tremont St.

Posted: Updated:
Photos by Captain Chuck Hartung CFD Photos by Captain Chuck Hartung CFD
CHATTANOOGA, TN (WRCB) -

Chattanooga firefighters were called to a home on Tremont Street Thursday morning.

The call came in from the 200 block shortly after 9:30 a.m.

Captain Chuck Hartung says a man, who rents the attic of the home, left a candle burning which caused the fire.

Everyone made it out of the home safely.

Officials deemed the home unsafe to stay in. The homeowner was able to find a place to stay tonight and is also making housing plans for the tenant.

Damages are estimated at $25,000.

Stay with WRCBtv.com for updates to this story.

Powered by Frankly