Best Buy electrical fire put out by alert employees - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Best Buy electrical fire put out by alert employees

Posted: Updated:
HIXSON, TN (WRCB) -

A fire in the electronics section of Best Buy in Hixson was put out by employees Wednesday morning.

The Chattanooga Fire Department was dispatching to the store about 8:00am and found the remains of a small fire in the electronics section.

CFD’s investigation determined that an electrical outlet had apparently shorted, causing a small fire. 

The store employees used a dry powder fire extinguisher to extinguish the fire and then isolated the power to the outlet.

After the fire was extinguished, the store was closed for several hours to clean the floors and the areas that were affected by the fire extinguisher dust. 

According to the CFD, there was no damage to the building itself or to any of the contents in the building. 

Powered by Frankly