Magnet school lottery period has started
Starting Sunday, parents interested in their children attending one of the magnet schools in Hamilton County can submit an application for the 2016-2017 school year the following schools are:
- Barger Academy (K-5)
- Battle Academy (K-5)
- Brown Academy (K-5)
- Center for Creative Arts (6-12) (audition required)
- Donaldson Environmental Science Academy (K-5)
- East Lake Academy (6-8)
- Lakeside Academy (K-5)
- Normal Park Museum Magnet (K-8)
- STEM High School (accepting 9th grade only)
- Tyner Academy of Math, Science and Technology (accepting 9th grade only)
- Tyner Middle Academy of Math, Science and Technology (6-8)
Applications can be completed online or paper applications can be picked up at any of the magnet schools or Hamilton County's Department of Education's Central Office starting November 1st.
The application deadline in January 31, 2016.
Many of the schools will have tours for prospective parents and students.
A public lottery will be held in February of next year to create a numeric waiting list of the applicants.
The Center for Creative Arts are not placed in the lottery drawing as their admission is strictly based on their audition results.
Click here for the application.