Ice On The Landing returns for 2015 with bigger rink
Who says nobody listens around here? They heard all the complaints last year. The skating rink was too small. They should have opened it earlier in the year. They should have kept it open later in January. They should offer lessons and season passes.
Guess what? They heard you. Ice On The Landing returns on November 20, almost twice the size and open almost twice as long (through January 18). Organizers counted about 30,000 visitors last year on the 50 x 70 foot rink, and figured that number would climb if the rink was expanded to 60 x 100 feet. I thought last year was a good experiment to see if the ice rink idea would actually work in Chattanooga. Many people, myself included, had been suggesting an ice skating rink for years. It was definitely a success, and the changes on the way this year should make it even better.
(From David Carroll's ChattanoogaRadioTV.com)
Here’s everything you want to know, from the updated website, IceOnTheLanding.com:
- How much does it cost to skate? $10 for adults and $8 for children 12 and under. This includes skate rental. Cash, credit or debit cards are all accepted.
- May I bring my own skates to the rink? Yes. The fee will still be $10 or $8.
- What skate sizes are available? Youth 9 to adult 15.
- Where is Ice on the Landing located? On the Chattanooga Green at Ross’ Landing across from the Chattanooga Pier, 100 Riverfront Parkway, Chattanooga TN 37402
- Are there season passes available? Ice on the Landing offers a season pass and gift cards. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- How long may I skate? Each ticket is good for two hours of skating.
- May I leave Ice on the Landing and come back the same day without having to pay again? No.
- May I be a spectator? Of course! Ice on the Landing has plenty of places for you to watch your friends and family skate while enjoying a cup of hot chocolate. Enjoy a cozy warming area with benches and heaters provided by Southern Hearth and Patio.
- What are the acceptable forms of payment? Ice on the Landing accepts cash, debit and credit cards. There will be an ATM on-site. No personal checks. Company checks will be accepted for large groups.
- Do you offer large group discounts? Yes. Groups with 10 or more will receive $1 off, groups with 20 or more will receive $2 off. See Ice on the Landing's parties & private rental page for additional information.
- If we are visiting Chattanooga for Ice on the Landing, are there hotels nearby? The downtown Courtyard by Marriott is the official hotel and offers ticket packages with your room reservations. Go to Marriott.com and ask for the Courtyard Downtown for special room rates. Also, please visit www.chattanoogafun.com for listings of area hotels.
- Where can I park? There is on-street parking, surface lots at Power Alley and Riverfront and Chestnut and Aquarium Way. There are garages at River Pier Landing and the CARTA Garage at Broad and Third Streets.
- Are there any available restrooms? Yes, restrooms will be available.
- Are food and beverages available at the rink? Yes. There are also several restaurants within walking distance of Ice on the Landing.
- What type of clothing should I wear? Ice skating is an outdoor activity and our rink is in the open. We advise patrons to dress warmly and for the weather. You should also wear socks if you plan to skate.
- What if it rains? Ice on the Landing staff will determine any changes in schedule due to rain. If a skating period is stopped by the staff with over half the scheduled time remaining, rain checks for future use will be available.
- What do I do with my personal belongings? Ice on the Landing will have limited storage for personal belongings. Please plan for any needs. Patrons’ shoes will be held in exchange for rental skates and will be held until the skates are returned.
- What if I don’t know how to skate? Ice on the Landing is fun for everyone, regardless of your skating experience. There will be knowledgeable rink guides available to assist you and answer any of your questions. We will have “skate buddies” available for a rental fee of $2.
- Is there a smoking area? No. Ice on the Landing and the entire Chattanooga Green are smoke-free.