CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (gomocs.com) --- The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga women’s soccer team will head to Mercer Friday night and then travel on to Charleston, S.C., to take on The Citadel Sunday afternoon in Southern Conference action.
Live stats will be available for Friday’s match at Mercer through links available on the women’s soccer schedule page at GoMocs.com. No video will be provided for this match. On Saturday, live scoring and streaming video will be available at GoMocs.com. Follow the links provided on the women’s soccer schedule page.
Chattanooga at Mercer | Friday, October 2 | 7:00 p.m. | Macon, Georgia | Live Stats
• Chattanooga is 2-7-2 on the year with two ties and six games decided by one goal.
• The Mocs have gone to overtime five times this season (four consecutive) and sport a 1-2-2 record.
• UTC won a 2-1 match against UAB on the very last second of double-overtime.
• Junior Samantha Hogan was named SoCon Player of the Week on Sept. 22 becoming the Mocs’ first since 2011.
• Skylar Brewer and McKenzie Gregg lead the team with six points on two goals and two assists.
• Emily Moseley, Amanda Ortiz and Samantha Hogan each have five points on two goals and one assist.
• Katie Emig has started all but two games in goal for the Mocs and has 46 saves with 13 goals against. She has a 1.35 goals against average and a .780 saves percentage.
• UTC is averaging 1.09 goals per game and 11.5 shots per game.
• The Bears are 4-4-2 on the year and are 1-0 in SoCon play this season, one of three team unbeaten in league play through opening weekend.
• Mercer is ranked sixth in the league for goals scored (tied with UTC with 12) and second for goals allowed with nine and has a 0.84 goals against average.
• Keeper Maggie Cropp leads the league with a .930 saves percentage and 0.35 goals against average. She has 40 saves and is second in the SoCon with three shutouts.
• Chattanooga and Mercer have met four times since 2002 with just once as SoCon opponents.
• The Mocs won all three non-conference meetings with the Bears, scoring three shutouts.
• Mercer won the first meeting in league play at Chattanooga by an 8-1 margin.
Chattanooga vs. Mercer Facts
All-Time Series ... Chattanooga leads series 3-1
Record in Chattanooga ... 2-1-0
Record in Macon... 1-0-0
Neutral ... 0-0-0
Chattanooga at The Citadel | Sunday, October 4 | 2:00 p.m. | Charleston, S.C
The Citadel Storylines
• The Bulldogs are 1-10 overall with a win over Francis Marion and 0-1 in league play.
• Five players have scored for the Bulldogs led by Katherine Arroyo with two goals and two assists. Andrea Davila has two goals and Ana Da Costa’s lone goal was the game winner against Francis Marion.
• Abby Kroger has drawn seven starts for The Citadel and played 5:45.53 in goal. The trio of keepers for the Bulldogs have given up 37 goals and have a 3.43 goals against average. They have combined for 92 saves for a .713 percentage.
• Chattanooga and The Citadel have met 14 times since the Bulldogs fielded a team in 2001.
• The Mocs went unbeaten over the first eight meetings with a 7-0-1 record
• The Citadel has won five of the last six matches with an 8-2 victory last season in Chattanooga.
Chattanooga vs. The Citadel Facts
All-Time Series ... Chattanooga leads series 8-5-1
Record in Chattanooga ... 4-3-0
Record in Charleston... 4-2-1
Neutral ... 0-0-0