CFD: Accidental afternoon house fire, no injuries - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

CFD: Accidental afternoon house fire, no injuries

Posted: Updated:

No one was home or injured in an accidental house fire at 2510 E 4th Street according to Chattanooga Fire Department. 

Lt. Henry McElvain with the Fire Investigation Division said the fire was started by food being left unattended on the stove. 

Officials said in this case, it was cooking oil, and when the oil got hot enough to ignite, the flames quickly spread from the stove throughout the rest of the kitchen. 

Firefighters say they were able out get the fire out in about 15 minutes. 

Captain, Joey Smith estimated damage between $15,000-$20,000. 

Powered by Frankly