Signal Mountain fire starts in a grilling accident, no injuries - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Signal Mountain fire starts in a grilling accident, no injuries reported

Posted: Updated:
SIGNAL MOUNTAIN, TN (WRCB) -

A fire starts in Signal Mountain while grilling out, no injuries reported. 

According to fire officials Signal Mountain Fire Department responded to a fire at 306 Dawn Street around 8 p.m.

Officials said the house renter was cooking on the grill when he walked back into the house.

When he returned a few minutes later, the grill was shooting out flames, which were traveling up the side of the house. 

Fire fighters with Red Bank and Walden's Ridge assisted Signal Mountain officials with the fire. 

Fire damage is undermined at this time. The cause of the fire is accidental. 

The couple who lived in the house does have insurance and will be staying with family.

Powered by Frankly