UPDATE: Remote Area Medical has free healthcare clinic in Bradley County
Remote Area Medical will have a two-day, free healthcare clinic this weekend in Bradley County. RAM is a non-profit agency that provides free health care for those in need, with services performed by doctors and dentists who donate their time and services.
Services provided will include medical, dental, vision and women’s health services.
The clinic will be held at Walker Valley High School in Cleveland.
MAP LINK | Walker Valley High School
Numbers will be given out Saturday and Sunday to patients starting at 3:00am prior to the 6:00am opening. The parking lot will open at midnight.
- Only one number will be given to each patient
- You must be present to receive a number
- The amount of numbers handed out is based on the number of healthcare professionals available
- Services are available on a first come, first served basis
Usually, the clinics are very busy. Those interested in receiving treatment should make plans to be on-site. Bringing snacks and water can help pass the waiting time.
Stan Brock, RAM’s President and Founder, expect they will hand out numbers to about 600 or more people for examination and treatment. RAM just returned from Nepal, where they worked with earthquake victims. If RAM gets a strong turnout of medical volunteers, that number may be expanded.
Brock said Tuesday that RAM has held 769 events over the past 40 years. “The patients and the volunteers are wonderful. It’s a giving and receiving experience for everyone involved.”
HOW TO HELP | RAM needs dentists for clinic
If you’re a medical professional and would like to volunteer, you can contact RAM at 865-579-1530 or via email email@example.com
Services available can include:
- DENTAL: Cleaning, fillings, extractions
- VISION: Complete dilated eye exams, glaucoma testing, diabetic retinopathy, glasses made on site. Bring your current eye glass prescription (within 1 year) to avoid an eye exam.
- MEDICAL: General medicine
- PREVENTION: Breast exams, diabetes screening, physicals, Women's health