Ingested Acrylonitrile can lead to short and long-term problems
Source: WBIR, A train derailment and fire caused the evacuation of 5,000 people in Blount County.
The train that derailed early Thursday morning was carrying Acrylonitrile, a flammable toxic gas. At this point, however, officials say no one has been injured or died as a result of the accident of the chemicals.
The substance, according to the EPA, is used in the manufacture of acrylic fibers. The Occupational Health and Safety Administration says those exposed should use precaution.