Electrical short causes fire, temporarily closes business - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Electrical short causes fire, temporarily closes business

Posted: Updated:
Courtesy: Channel 3 viewer Courtesy: Channel 3 viewer
HAMILTON COUNTY, TN (WRCB) - A small fire Wednesday afternoon closed a Highway 58 business temporarily. 

Just before 4:30 p.m. firefighters were called to the Bi-Lo in the 8-thousand block of Highway 58 for an electrical fire. 

A power strip located in the pharmacy shorted out causing a small fire.  

The fire department was called, but pharmacy employees managed to put out the fire.  

The small blaze did cause a lot of smoke, firefighters used fans to get the smoke.  

The store opened around 6:00 p.m.

Powered by Frankly