Fire from deep fryer leaves two homeless - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Fire from deep fryer leaves two homeless

Posted: Updated:
CHATTANOOGA, TN (WRCB) -

A house fire Friday afternoon leaves two people homeless. 

Around 5:30, Chattanooga firefighters responded to a fire call in the 5-thousand block of Swan Road. 

When they arrived on the scene they saw smoke and flames coming from the back of the house. 

A fire official says the fire appears to be accidental.  The residents were using a deep fryer on the back deck when the wind blew the flames from the fryer on the wall of the house. The flames then spread up into the attic.

Firefighters were able to get the fire under control in a short amount of time. No injuries were reported.

The fire damage was contained to the attic and exterior wall. The dollar loss was estimated at $30,000.

The Red Cross was called in to provide assistance to the two residents displaced by the fire.

Powered by Frankly