UPDATE: Suspect appears in court after eluding police, promptly - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

UPDATE: Suspect appears in court after eluding police, promptly arrested

Posted: Updated:
UPDATE:  When neighbors along Fuller Road awoke to the sound of gunshots late Monday night, they suspected where the shots came from.

“Pow, pow. Pow, pow pow. It was really loud and I could tell it was from across the street,” one neighbor told Channel 3.

Deputies responded to the home on the 9300 block of Fuller Road. That's when Rendert David Greeson, 21, took off into the woods through the backyard. A SWAT team searched the area for hours. 

Neighbors we talked to were too afraid to go on camera, but many describe this home as a nuisance to the neighborhood. 

“It's nerve racking. There's always something going on over there. Loud music or fighting or [Greeson] walking up and down the street just wondering what he's doing,” one neighbor added.

It was just last month when Channel 3 reported the discovery of a moonshine operation at this same address. Michael Clayton Cameron, 40, who was already behind bars in connection to a burglary, was charged.

“You could hear them fighting and screaming and fighting with ambulances over there. I've seen two or three different times they've had ambulances,” one neighbor said.

Neighbors tell Channel 3 they've had several problems with things missing since the family moved in several years ago, but aren't sure who's responsible.

“We just started having problems with things missing out of our cars, we left our cars unlocked,” one neighbor said, “You would see the cops, driveway after driveway at the same time.”

Greeson, who was scheduled to appear in court Tuesday morning, did appear to face an aggravated burglary case, charged last fall.  He was in court the same time investigators were searching the woods for him in connection to this latest call. 

Greeson was taken in to custody from court Tuesday morning on charges of reckless endangerment, retaliation for past action and unlawful possession of a firearm.  He's being held without bond.  

Assistant District Attorney Matt Rogers explained, saying “He showed up in court this morning and we got the deputies to take him into custody on the new charges and I then convinced the Judge to hold him on a No Bond on his criminal court case.”

PREVIOUS STORY: The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office issued arrest warrants for Rendert David Greeson for reckless endangerment, retaliation for past action and unlawful possession of a firearm.  

Greeson was scheduled to appear in Criminal Court this morning for Aggravated Burglary which occurred in 2014.

PREVIOUS STORY: Hamilton County deputies and the SWAT team searched for a suspect off East Brainerd Road for hours Tuesday morning.

Deputies first responded to 9305 Fuller Road to a shots fired call around 11 p.m. Monday.

But upon arrival, the suspect ran into the woods.

The SWAT team responded to the scene to assist deputies in the search but they couldn't find the suspect.

A spokesperson for the sheriff's department said no shots were ever fired at police upon or after arrival and that additional information will be released later Tuesday.

Authorities had a staged presence overnight in the East Brainerd Publix parking lot.

Powered by Frankly