Kitchen damaged by grease fire - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Kitchen damaged by grease fire

Posted: Updated:
HAMILTON COUNTY, TN (WRCB) - A kitchen fire at a home on Kenny Way leaves a family seeking temporary housing.

Around 6:30 Monday evening Dallas Bay Volunteer firefighters arrived at the house where they reported smoke and fire coming from the kitchen. 
Three teenagers were cooking when the eye of the stove caught fire.  One of the teens threw water on the grease fire trying to extinguish it but the water spread the fire to the cabinets and curtains.

No one was hurt and firefighters managed to get the fire out quickly containing it to the kitchen. 


Damage is estimated at $10,000.  



Powered by Frankly