Gas explosion leads to house fire in Hixson
Three people are injured in a fire caused by a gas explosion in their home.
Sunday, December 28th 2014, 4:25 pm EST by
Monday, December 29th 2014, 5:24 am EST
A gas explosion leads to a house fire Sunday afternoon in the Hixson area.
At 2:45 pm, neighbors living on Crabtree Road heard a loud explosion. A 9-1-1 was made by the homeowner reporting a gas explosion at 1714 Crabtree Road.
Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department responded and arrived on the scene reporting heavy smoke. Firefighters worked quickly to extinguish the fire in the basement.
According to fire officials, the homeowner was trying to use their propane gas stove when a large explosion occurred in their basement injuring 3 family members with minor burns and caught bed mattresses on fire.
Hamilton County EMS responded to treat the 3 family members with minor burns. No one was transported to the hospital. Damages were around $5,000 and contained to the basement.