Firefighters save Christmas for Dallas Bay family - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Firefighters save Christmas for Dallas Bay family

Posted: Updated:
An early morning fire on Christmas Eve sent Dallas Bay firefighters to work, quickly extinguishing a house fire and saving the Christmas tree and presents for one family.
 
At 5:30am, the Rankin family was awakened by their smoke alarms, according to a news release from Hamilton County Emergency Services.

The homeowner got up, discovering fire and smoke and evacuated the house.

The Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department responded to the home on Roberts Mill Road, entering the home and extinguishing the fire in the living room.

Dallas Bay VFD Chief Markus Fritts reported the cause of the fire was an electrical short in the living room.

Damages were estimated to be approximately $15,000.

No injuries were reported but Hamilton County EMS was on the scene for any potential injuries to firefighters.

The Rankin family was insured and will be staying with relatives.
Powered by Frankly