UPDATE: Charges against Amy Bates have been bound over to the grand jury.

Bates is the woman accused of trying to cover up a murder by setting the crime scene on fire.

Police say she shot and killed Paul Brian Rector in December inside a home on Stuart Street.

The couple who owns that home said they were letting Bates stay with them while she got back on her feet and that Rector had been visiting her for about a week.

The woman who lived at that home testified she heard three gunshots before Bates said they had to "get out of here" and "burn the house down."

"She told me we need to set the house on fire. I told her no we didn't," said the man who owned the home.

The lead investigator testified during her preliminary hearing Tuesday that they're still waiting on some forensic results. Judge Gary Starnes said because of that, there's "a lot of holes in the case" but he concluded there was enough probable cause to send her charges to the grand jury and keep her bond at a little more than $1.5 million.

PREVIOUS STORY: Investigators have been able to notify the family members of the victim of the homicide from Stuart Street.

Chattanooga Police have identified 38-year-old Paul Brian Rector as the victim. 

29-year-old Amy Bates is charged with Homicide, Aggravated Arson, Aggravated Assault, Unlawful Possession of a Firearm and Possession of a Firearm During Felony.

The investigation is ongoing.

PREVIOUS STORY: Police have arrested a woman for allegedly fatally shooting a man and trying to set fire to the crime scene.

Amy Bates, 29, is charged with criminal homicide, aggravated arson, aggravated assault, unlawful possession of a firearm, and possession of a firearm in commission of a felony.

Police say Bates shot a man in the head at a home at 2411 Stuart St.

"They were pulling out crime scene tape. Me and husband assumed that someone had died," said next-door neighbor Kiyona Walker. "At 2:30 in the morning, a detective knocked on our door and confirmed our theories."

Police found Bates not far from the crime scene and took her to police services for questioning.

According to witnesses, Bates set the front bedroom on fire and it took three buckets of water to put it out. Two witnesses who share the home told police Bates said they "needed to burn the house down."

Bates is being held on a $1.56 million bond. She's due in court Tuesday, Dec. 16 in front of Judge Gary Starnes.

Channel 3 is withholding the victim's name until Chattanooga Police have confirmed family members have been notified.