Fire strands 22, sends one to hospital - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Fire strands 22, sends one to hospital

Posted: Updated:
 KNOXVILLE — Twenty-two residents of an East Knoxville apartment complex were left homeless after a fire Monday morning.

One was taken to the University of Tennessee Medical Center for mild smoke inhalation, according to Knoxville Fire Department Capt. D.J. Corcoran.

The fire was reported about 2 a.m. at Parkridge Harbor Apartments, 1501 E. Fifth Ave.

Arriving crews found smoke showing from the second floor of the building. They later found the source of the smoke to be coming from a burning mattress inside a common area laundry room, Corcoran said.

Read more of this story at Knoxnews.com.

Powered by Frankly