Cigarette in trash can leads to garage fire - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Cigarette in trash can leads to garage fire

Posted: Updated:
HAMILTON COUNTY, TN (WRCB) - A Dallas Bay home was damaged after a woman found a trash can on fire in her garage.

Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire responded to the 9400 block of West Ridge Trail around 11 p.m. Tuesday night.

The homeowner called 911 after smelling smoke and finding a trash can on fire in her garage.

Firefighters put out the blaze quickly. Officials say the woman had been smoking in the garage and threw away the cigarette in the trash can.

No one was injured. Damages are estimated at $10,000.

Powered by Frankly