Unattended cooking fire causes $10K in damage - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

Unattended cooking fire causes $10K in damage

Posted: Updated:
CHATTANOOGA, TN (WRCB) - A homeowner receives minor burns to her hands after trying to extinguish a kitchen fire. 

Just before 10:30 a.m.  911 received a call reporting a kitchen fire at 8675 Arbutus Drive in the Dallas Bay Area. 

When the Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department  arrived on the scene, smoke  was showing from the house. 

Firefighters entered the home to find the kitchen on fire and were able to extinguish the fire quickly and contain the damage to the kitchen area. 

Fire investigators tell Channel 3 the cause of the fire was unattended cooking. 

The homeowner, Susan Irban removed the burning pot from the stove that was on fire and received minor burns to her hands. 

Hamilton County EMS personnel was on the scene to treat Irban's minor burns. 

Damages are listed at $10,000. 
Powered by Frankly